Retail Expert | Retail Consultant | Retail Speaker
Brian Walker’s keynote presentations are highly regarded at retailer and franchise conferences, trade fairs, industry conferences, as well as corporate events or retailer support programs (run by shopping centre management). Using real retail examples and success stories, it’s Retail Doctor Group’s mission to ensure audiences leave with key takeouts on the topic and valuable insights on how they can improve their own performance.
Presentations are tailored to ensure original material including topical issues based upon current retail and economic environments both domestic and global. From retail strategy, operations, sales and customer insights to merchandising and technology, Brian and his team engage audiences to bring them the best ‘business fitness’ tips on how to understand their consumers and develop systems to improve return on investment.
FOUNDER & CEO RETAIL DOCTOR GROUP
Brian brings considerable senior experience gained in the specialty retail, franchising and shopping centre sectors. He has successfully led change teams in omni-channel retail arenas and has been instrumental in the development and implementation of many notable, integrated retail channel strategy projects including, Optus, Hutchison Telecommunication, Global Brands Group, The National Australia Bank and a host of other well recognised retail, franchise retail and service organisations both nationally and internationally.
Brian has operated in line management across various senior leadership roles and successfully built his current consulting profile within the retail, franchise and service sectors.
Retail Doctor Group specialises in the development and transformation of retail strategy into increased asset performance, increasing client sustainable differentiation models underpinned with independent systems and frameworks increasing revenue and profitability. These focus areas are delivered through The Retail Doctor ‘Business Fitness’ programs.
Brian and Retail Doctor Group continue to author a host of significant retail articles, editorial, training and operational programmes as well as speaking professionally on retail and retail transformation both internationally and domestically. His first retail book focusing on the implementation of ‘fit retail’ is currently in production.
Brian’s career includes:
- Retail Doctor Group Pty Ltd – CEO (current)
- Primus Advisory Board – Director
- The Athletes Foot Pty Ltd – General Manager
- Cable & Wireless Optus – National Retail & Franchise Manager
- Hutchison Telecommunications – National Strategy Development (3G Retail)
- Angus & Coote Pty Ltd – National Retail Operations Manager
- Whitcoulls Ltd New Zealand – National Retail Operations Manager
- Westfield SCM Co – Senior Centre Manager, Hurstville and Miranda
- KFC Pty Ltd – National Manufacturing Manager, Retail Operations– Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager
- Woolworths Pty Ltd – Merchandise Buying Manager
- Consultant, editor and author on many articles and topics with the profession of retailing, as well as University teaching in topics pertaining to retail, strategy and multi channel retailing.
Awards and Nominations:
- BRW Fast starters 2009
- International Retail Leadership Award: Asian Retail Congress
- Nominated Business Leadership Award: CPA Awards 2008
- Nominated Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2008: Ernst & Young
- Nominated Telstra Business Awards
- National Scholarship Winner – Australian Institute of Management
- Graduate of the Company Directors Institute (GAICD)
- Post Graduate in Business Management (Grad Dip Mgt) AGSM
- Post Graduate in Business Finance (Grad Dip Fin) AGSM
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBus)
- Diploma in Applied science (Dip App Sc)
- Member of Ebeltoft Group – International Alliance of Retail Experts
- Company Directors Graduate alumni
- Academic Advisory board member – The international College of management
- Asian Retail Congress Advisory board member
- Australian Graduate School of Management alumni
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
- Australian Retail Association (past RIA board member)
- Member of the National Retailers Association
- Professional Member of the National Speakers association
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Justices Association (Brian is a Justice of the peace)